With the biggest public health crisis we’ve confronted this century playing out, it’s forced us indoors for the foreseeable future.
Governments are demanding that we stay home and leave only for essential purposes like grocery shopping or medical checkups.
Schools have been closed for most of the year in Vietnam, students aren’t likely to return until at least June and workers in non-essential industries have either been stood down or are required to work from home until further notice.
As this existential threat to our health and livelihoods is mostly seen as coming from beyond the four walls of our homes, what about the impact it’s having within them?
To find out, I spoke to health and fitness professional Phil Kelly, the founder and master trainer of Body Expert Systems based in Ho Chi Minh City.
We ask Phil the following questions:
1. What impact has COVID-19 had on the health and fitness industry in Vietnam?
2. How quickly do you believe the industry will bounce back and why?
3. How have you adapted your program/s to the restrictions that have been put in place?
4. What advice and activities do you have to keep us moving?
5. Are there any online challenges that we should just simply avoid?
Produced by Matthew Cowan. Follow Matt on Instagram at @mattcowansaigon
Edited by Melanie Casul. Melanie is The Bureau’s Content Manager. Follow her on Instagram at @melaniecasul
Special thanks to Phil Kelly from Body Expert Systems. Contact Phil directly at email@example.com
For more information, visit the following:
NOTE: This is not a paid partnership. We sought out Phil for an interview in the interests of health and fitness, and in order to receive professional advice for the listening public.