Bureau Bites is a regular “pod-bite” bringing you the latest news from Vietnam and the region.
- The Vietnamese Government has announced temporary changes to the entry & exit of foreigners due to Coronavirus
- Visas on arrival for all foreign nationals have been suspended
- Vietnam’s tourism industry has been decimated with estimated losses starting at US$7 billion for the first quarter of 2020
We ask Linh Le, principal founder of Luxperia, an inbound travel company tailoring boutique travel experiences throughout Asia, the following questions:
1. What impact is COVID-19 having on tourism in Vietnam at the moment?
2. What are the short-term and long-term repercussions that the industry can expect?
3. What are companies like Luxperia doing to survive this downturn?
Produced by Matthew Cowan. Follow Matt on Instagram at @mattcowansaigon
Edited by Melanie Casul. Follow Mel on Instagram at @melaniecasul
Special thanks to Linh Le. Follow Luxperia on Instagram at @luxperia_dmc
Feature photo by Ken Yam on Unsplash