This Christmas season the Sofitel Legend Metropole Hanoi is transforming into a “fashion house” – L’Atelier du Metropole – to celebrate the holidays, pairing sophisticated French style with a glitzy joie de vivre.
Unique couture collections created by young local Vietnamese designers will be on display throughout the hotel during the festive season.
Metropole Hanoi invited Le Hoang Son and Hoang Minh Thu from the London College for Design and Fashion in Hanoi to create distinctive dresses inspired by the hotel’s restaurants.
The designers’ sartorial collections help to spotlight and support Vietnamese fashion designers and provide them with exposure before a global audience.
Keeping with this theme for the holidays, the hotel will also provide an “Ao Dai” tailoring service for in-house guests at La Boutique du Metropole, creating made-to-measure traditional Vietnamese gowns in premium silk and embroidery that will be ready for collection within three to five days or can be shipped to addresses overseas.
The tailoring service is provided by Ao Dai My Lullaby, a fashion brand created by renowned local tailor Dang Phuong Minh.
Meanwhile, in a display window outside of L’Epicerie there is a scene inspired by the French Les Années Folles (“crazy years”) movement, which influenced Parisian fashion in the early 20th century. The scene presents stylish women at a cafe adorned in elegant couture garments.
As it decks the halls for Christmas in its 119th year, Vietnam’s most storied hotel will host its annual tree-lighting ceremony on Thursday, Nov. 28, with an elegant Chopard-themed, 15-metre Christmas tree taking centre stage at Le Balcon in the Metropole Garden.
The tree is set to anchor all of the hotel’s holiday spirit, as well as a swathe of special dining events:
Christmas Eve: Five special Christmas Eve dinners are on offer at the Metropole on Dec. 24, with prices ranging from VND2.3 million to 4.5million.
● A seven-course gourmet French dinner at Le Beaulieu, with optional wine pairing
● A six-course Vietnamese dinner at Spices Garden featuring traditional Hanoian dishes
● A six-course menu of European & New World cuisine at Angelina
● A signature dinner buffet at Le Club Bar, with two seatings
● A dinner buffet at La Veranda overlooking the hotel’s landscaped pool and garden
Christmas Day: On Dec. 25 the hotel will host a buffet lunch and series of dinners at three of its restaurants, ranging in price from VND 1.6 million to 2.9 million.
● A six-course gourmet French dinner designed by Chef Raphael Kinimo at Le Beaulieu
● A five-course menu of European & New World cuisine at angelina
● A signature Christmas dinner buffet at Le Club Bar
● A “Magnifique” Christmas lunch buffet at Le Beaulieu
New Year’s Eve. With prices ranging from VND 2.5 million to 4.9 million, gala dinners will be the order of the evening during the final hours of 2019, including:
● A seven-course gourmet French New Year’s menu at Le Beaulieu
● A six-course Vietnamese New Year’s dinner at Spices Garden
● A seven-course menu of European & New World cuisine at angelina
● A signature New Year’s dinner buffet at Le Club Bar, with two seatings.
● A dinner buffet at La Veranda overlooking the hotel’s landscaped pool and garden.
In addition to the many dining options, the hotel will also feature two enticing opportunities for relaxation and shopping during the festive season. For some holiday pampering Le Spa du Metropole is offering a 45-minute body exfoliation and a 60-minute customised slimming treatment to redefine one’s body contours.
And for shoppers, the hotel delicatessen and bakery, L’Epicerie, is offering a range of gourmet gifts, including Fine de Claires oyster No. 3, foie gras, caviar and roast turkey, as well as L’Epicerie’s piece de resistance, a traditional French Christmas log cake known as “Le Buche de Noel.”
For more information on holiday dining options, contact the hotel food and beverage office or the festive reservations desk at +84 24 38266919 extension 8215 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Bookings may also be made directly online at www.sofitel-legend-metropole-hanoi.com