Most of the places we recommend for this year’s Expo are new — very new. But if you’re looking for history and a whiff of nostalgia, Saigon Saigon Rooftop Bar is the place for you.
Get 10% OFF your food bill Saigon Tattoo Expo weekend!
Saigon Saigon sits on the 10th floor of the Caravelle Hotel in the heart of the city right by the Opera House. This Granddaddy of rooftop bars in Ho Chi Minh City has a storied past and is the antithesis of the growing crop of uber cool “sky bars” about the city with their blinding strobe lights, deafening beats and dizzying views.
During the War, Saigon Saigon was the watering hole of choice for many wartime correspondents, politicians and high ranking soldiers fighting against the North. For a time, the Australian Embassy was based in the same building.
The Saigon Tattoo Expo 2018 is on Nov. 10 & 11. For more information, CLICK HERE
Times do change, however. These days you’re just as likely to find yourself being coerced into a conga line by a peacock-feathered, dreamy songstress on a Brazilian night as you are sipping on a quiet G&T gazing down along historic Dong Khoi Street towards Notre Dame Cathedral. But hey, that ain’t so bad is it?
Where: 19 Lam Son Square, District 1
Getting there from the Expo: 25 minutes by xe om or car depending on traffic
Promotion: 10% OFF food bill
Terms & Conditions:
1. Available during the weekend of the Saigon Tattoo Expo (Nov.9th to Nov.12th)
2. Not available with any other promotion, deal, special or Happy Hour
3. Notify staff on arrival off your intention to claim the promotion
4. Show staff your Saigon Tattoo Expo ticket or VIP pass & check-in on the venue’s Facebook page
5. “Tag” & “Like” The Bureau Facebook page & share a photo!